Pages

Feb 8, 2013

Today's Creative Exercise



THEME FOR TODAY:  Originality

Definition of the work ORIGINALITY via Dictionary.com

o·rig·i·nal·i·ty

   [uh-rij-uh-nal-i-tee] 

noun

1.
the quality or state of being original.
2.
ability to think or express oneself in an independent andindividual manner; creative ability.
3.
freshness or novelty, as of an idea, method, or performance.


CREATIVE EXERCISE:

Write about, draw, design, or photograph your perspective of the word ORIGINALITY

* If you'd like, post it on your blog for the rest of us to see and comment on!

6 comments:

  1. Phew! This one took a while as I deleted my whole post and needed to rewrite, but I made sure it was original very time as the first post was way different from the second, lol.

    http://www.annettabosakova.com/apps/blog/its-about-originality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just left a comment on your blog, Annetta. :) Great work!!

      Delete
  2. I had to stop and really search on this one.

    http://www.thequiltedvalkyrie.com/the-merit-of-originality-is-not-novelty-it-is-sincerity-thomas-carlyle/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An original post on originality: at least to my opinion :) Thank you for sharing Keri!
      I've had the honour to study music with one of the members of the world famous Flanders Recorder Quartet. If you'd want to hear how Bach sounds performed by this quartet, please reserve some minutes to listen to this audio sample under this link: http://www.flanders-recorder-quartet.be/en/shop/37/. Joris, who has been my recorder teacher for years and years, also arranged Vivaldi's 'Le Quattro Stagioni': http://www.flanders-recorder-quartet.be/en/shop/41/. Please let me know what you think about their music. Another famous Belgian baroque orchestra is this one: http://www.lapetitebande.be/disco.php. Do you often go to concerts or do you prefer to listen to recordings at home?

      Delete
    2. I'm not a musician myself, other than having a fairly good singing voice and playing a few guitar chords, but my family on my Mom's side is extremely musical! My Uncle played concert piano for John Rait and my cousins were all a part of the San Francisco Boy's Choir. One of them even sang with Pavarotti! I do appreciate all types of music, though ... from country to classical. :) Thanks for the links, Cococita!

      Delete

Thank you for being involved in the discussion area! Each comment you leave is valuable and appreciated. :)