
Photo found here!Here's what you do!
WRITE IT - What does living a creative life mean to you?
CREATE IT - Since our theme for this week is "A Creative Life", I thought it would be fitting to make creativity a part of every day .... even in small doses. For this week's project you'll need to make or purchase a small notebook to log one creative project a day. Here's the good news! Your daily project can be as simple as a photo you've taken, a basic line drawing you sketched in front of the T.V., a photo of a pair of earrings you beaded or a lovely dessert you made, or a simple collage you put together. Feel free to adorn the pages with color swatches, fabric scraps, buttons, doodles, or anything else you find interesting. Or, simply draw right on it's pages or attach photos of your projects. If you use a larger notebook, you can continue to add to it even after this week is over!
The challenge here is to do one small creative thing a day and to catalog it in your notebook. Please don't put too much pressure on yourself to make it perfect. The "practice of creativity" is what's important this week. Oh, and you can either post your project each day on your blog or wait until the week is up to post the entire notebook or a couple of pages from it.
* Although they're not required for this project, here are a couple of links to moleskin notebooks. I hear they're very popular amongst artists. ;) If you prefer to support the handmade community, here is a shop that sells great moleskin notebooks!
Feel free to e-mail me if you need a few suggestions and I encourage you to share your ideas with other students in the comments section below! :)

THEME FOR TODAY: Home
Definition of the word HOME via Dictionary.com:
home (hōm)
noun
1. A place where one lives; a residence.
2. The physical structure within which one lives, such as a house or apartment.
3. A dwelling place together with the family or social unit that occupies it; a household.
4. An environment offering security and happiness. A valued place regarded as a refuge or place of origin.
CREATIVE EXERCISE:
Write about, draw, design, or photograph your perspective of the word HOME!
* If you'd like, post it on your blog for the rest of us to see and comment on!
Homework is looking very exciting!
ReplyDelete:) Can't wait to see what you will create :)
DeleteI'm looking forward to it, too, Annetta!!
DeleteI decided to create a blog post as well Vicki:): http://estudiosdecococita.wordpress.com/2013/02/14/raining-umbrellas-home-is/
ReplyDeleteI been thinking about making visual journals, but I just couldn't start. This idea of creating one single thing every day sounds interesting, I think it will be my way to start...
ReplyDeleteCristina
Oh good...glad this project is motivating you, Cristina! :)
DeleteBeen slacking on my homework :( Been so busy and I'm getting more and more behind. So I did this as discussion as a creative journal project too.
ReplyDeleteHome: http://stephaniedahlsrudphotography.blogspot.com/2013/02/home.html
Finally got my post together of my 7 day journal project :)
ReplyDeletehttp://stephaniedahlsrudphotography.blogspot.com/2013/03/7-day-journal-project.html
I'm in awe of how your assignment turned out, Stephanie .... great job!! I left a longer message on your lovely blog. :)
Delete