Pages

Feb 18, 2013

Week 3 Assignment &Today's Creative Exercise








For this week's assignment I thought I'd switch it up a bit and give you the option of doing a project instructed by the talented Tina Fussel of Traveling Mama.  I've admired Tina, her photography, and her and her family's traveling lifestyle for a few years now.  Her blog is packed with beautiful images of their travels, original DIY projects, recipes, and articles written from the heart.


So this week you can choose to do Tina's fun magnet DIY or if you prefer to come up with something else, that's great, too!  :)


For many of us, taking photos is a joy, and simply a part of our daily routine, but getting those photos developed and then doing something with them can really give us trouble!  

Even though I love to scrapbook many of my photos, there are days when I just want to do something extra special with my photos.  


This little Magnet DIY is great for anyone, or not, who want to make a quick and easy display with their photos.  Today, I will be sharing some of my favorite photos from our trip to Paris last fall along with an easy DIY that is easily changed up and made to your personal tastes!  So, let's get started, shall we?  First, you will need a set of plain magnets, like these SPONTAN magnets from IKEA.  They are super cheap and so much fun to personalize! 



Next, grab a stack of your favorite Japanese Tape and start adding it however you like!



After that, you can begin to layer more pieces of doily, paper, stickers… whatever you have on hand!



I added some vintage buttons and twine to mine!




I also added some scrap paper I had on hand along with a chipboard sticker.  Super simple, right?



I know many people do not have magnetic refrigerators these days, but do not let that deter you!

IKEA also sells a cute white magnetic board and you are likely to even find one at a thrift store if 
you do not have an IKEA nearby.   These would also look great stuck to the side of a metal 
file cabinet or even a long magnetic strip over a desk!  If you really wanted to go for broke, you
could even purchase some magnetic paint and paint a whole wall!




However you choose to add them to your home or work space, these magnets add a lot of 
punch to your photos.  They also give you a lot of versatility, because you can easily change
them up when you are ready to display new photos!

Wouldn't a set of these make a fun gift for Mother's Day, Father's Day, or someone special's birthday?

Little hands could easily make these, so get your little ones involved and they will love being a part 
of the process, whether your magnets stay at home or are given as a gift!

~ Tina



THEME FOR TODAY: Adventure

Definition of the word ADVENTURE via Dictionary.com:

ad·ven·ture (ad ven′c̸hər, əd-)

noun

1.the encountering of danger
2.a daring, hazardous undertaking
3.an unusual, stirring experience, often of a romantic nature
4.a venture or speculation in business or finance
5.a liking for danger, excitement, etc.: a man full of adventure

CREATIVE EXERCISE:

Write about, draw, design, or photograph your perspective of the word ADVENTURE!

* If you'd like, post it on your blog for the rest of us to see and comment on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being involved in the discussion area! Each comment you leave is valuable and appreciated. :)